Monday, May 12, 2014

The Past Few Weeks...

This beautiful wreath came to existence.  It was a gift for my Auntie who lives in Oklahoma.  It's a bit pink for me, but she loved it!  Ornament wreath making should definitely be a year round craft.  So fun!
 We drove out there for a long weekend and had a great time.  And The Little Dude was a peach, it was amazing!  Auntie knows how to make this chick happy, Pyrex and make-up! T Thank you!  And lets take a minute to admire that vanity.  It was in a cute little boutique store in the middle-of-no-damn-where Texas.  I wanted to stick that little turquoise bug in my pocket and take it home!  It was fantastic!  My favorite find in Oklahoma is the bakelite bracelet on the left.  Big and thick, and only $8!  Score one for me!  
 I had some yummy drinks over the past few weeks too.  The top left is a cucumber margarita that was to die for!!!  Totally going to have to make that one at home.  The bottom left a tangerine gimlet  whose recipe magically appeared to me on Pinterest one night.  It worked perfectly because it utilized the only drink ingredients we had.  Serendipity right there folks.  : )
It's hard for us to have plants outside here due to the massive herd of deer in the neighborhood (and snow), but I've been itching to do something springy.  These succulents scratched that itch for now.  Do you have a deer problem too?  Any tips or tricks to keep them from eating your plants?
 The Mom spotted this fun key chain at the thrifts and graciously let me buy it!  One can never have to many globes!  It's pretty old too.  I can barely make out USSR, but I'm pretty sure it's there.
 My cat was a wierdo.  Caption this!
 OH, MY, HOLY CRAP!!!  This lamp...it's freakin' fantastic.  It is a heat lamp originally but I just replaced the bulb with a fancy Edison bulb and voila... awesome industrial looking lamp.  Keeper!
There was an industrial theme around my house this week apparently.  A quick trip to Home Depot and I was able to make my own version of this pin.  Quick, easy and relatively cheap - my kind of project!
 The Mom and I went to the Horseshoe Market in Denver on Saturday and because we were one of the first 50 people in line, we got a great swag bag.  So many wonderful goodies!  That is such a fun market to go to.  They have three more this year so if you're local, check it out.  
 The Little Dude painted this pot for me for Mother's Day!  Isn't is precious?!  I totally melted.  Nothing is sweeter than a little kid (and husband) excitedly presenting his handmade creation to you.  My heart damn near exploded out of my chest!
The Mom and me...almost thirty years ago!  Ain't she purtty?!
 Thankfully, The Mom convinced me to buy this little cabinet meant for perm rods.  It has three drawers and that snazzy metal top.  It's awesome!!!
Yup, that's snow...  I keep trying to tell myself we need the moisture, but still... couldn't it have rained instead?  : )
We're all still waiting for some of you to jump onto Instagram...  

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you've been having a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you went to Horseshoe! I considered going but I had to take the kids down to Park Meadows mall in the morning which was totally the opposite side of town. Sorry I missed it though. Fun that you got a swag bag! I did go with a friend to Paris Street Market last weekend and it was fun. Lots of good vendors.

    Love that pink wreath you made! Pink vintage ornaments are glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow? You must be joking, right?

    How cute is the plant pot little due painted, aw sweet! Love your wreath too, never too much pink. Very cool lamp and bracelet holder. You've been a busy girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My yard backs to woods. We get everything: deer, rabbits, ground hogs, skunks, raccoons, squirrels, etc. The first 4 years we lived here I did attempt to garden which resulted in my family waking to me screaming and swearing at the animal/s that ate all my tiny plants in the night. I threw in the towel after that. I haven't found anything the deer won't eat if hungry enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait...is that a Monkees sink? What the what? Want that in my life *now*!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your advice, tips and comments are sincerely appreciated!!! I need all the help I can get...