Thursday, April 3, 2014

A Few Fun Estate Sale Finds

The thrifts have been a bit stingy for me lately.  Thank goodness for estate sale season!  I hadn't planned on driving out to this particular sale, but ended up with some time to kill on so I made the trek out there.  
Squueeeeeeee!  Vintage Christmas!  The knee huggers have had a rough life, but they're still cute and will be great on a wreath.  Plus, check all those little bulbs!  These guys made the long drive totally worth it.
And it gets better.  That two hole punch is so cool.  I can't seem to find another example of it online.  Have you ever seen one before?  And the squirrel!  I'm pretty sure he's a dream pet, but his tag was ripped off so I'm not certain.
 Can you believe there isn't a single Pyrex photo in either one of these magazines?!  That's ok though because that BH&G is FULL of  wonderful mid century furniture and decor. It's going to be so much fun to go through this with more time!  And the little cookbook on the right drew me in with it's cover.  It's from 1939.
The dude that ran this estate sale was pretty excited about this bait bucket.  He hadn't seen it and was surprised no one else had either.  I got the good stuff eagle eyes man!!!  Plus, the other side of it says "HI" so it kind of called to me.  Hi!

We just got back from a little vacation to Florida, and I have to tell you guys.  It's nice to be back, though I could have gone without the snow greeting!!!  It's like all my treasures were waiting to greet me when I got home.  It was a very warm and fuzzy feeling.  Do you find that you appreciate your vintage goodies and collections a bit more than usual after being away from home for a while?  I sure do!



9 comments:

  1. Great finds! Of course I love the elves the best! Estate Sales are so darn fun...when they don't disappoint of course.
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, lucky you taking a trip to FL! Hope you have some spring by now. Super cute finds, score on the bait bucket!

    I don't know if it's the stuff or what, but I always get that wonderful warm, fuzzy feeling when we grt back home...our safe place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those pixies were a great score! They are getting so hard to find now days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man I love that bait bucket! It is the perfect color, I will be on the look out for one of these! And as always, knee huggers are one of my favorite things. Fun finds! I have to miss an estate sale this morning, its driving me nuts, hopefully I'm not missing out on anything good!

    Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems that Sister beat me to the comment! I too LOVE the bait bucket. I found one at the flea market last year and I just know that one of these times it's going to end up in Hanna's car when she leaves here. And knee huggers?! AWESOME. I have never found that many at once. Looks like maybe the tend to multiply like rabbits?

    Have an awesome weekend!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom always used to keep Campho in the medicine cabinet , seeing that took me back to childhood. Love love love that bait bucket, what a great color! Thank you for sharing this at my History & Home link party - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that hole punch! Office/industrial stuff is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, I delays like homing home to my treasures! What a cool bucket, and the Merc beads were TOTALLY worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your advice, tips and comments are sincerely appreciated!!! I need all the help I can get...