Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pyrex Obsessed

It is no surprise that I adore Pyrex (it is involved in almost every one of my posts!). The colors, the patterns, the shapes, the usefulness; everything about Pyrex makes me smile like a fool.  One of the best things about being a collector and a seller is that I get to share my obsession with other obsessed people, so I thought I would do that with you guys since it has been a little while.  Check out my non-human pride and joy!  

Ha, I took this last week and I think I have added two more small pieces since then!  It's beginning to burst at the seems, but I like it that way.  So for the longest time I limited my collection to aqua and black patterns.  I have a serious tendency to hoard, so only allowing the two colors kind of helps me keep that in check.  Weeeeeelllll...then The Grandma brings home that fabulous set of Yellow Gooseberry cinderella bowls for me for Christmas, and it's not like I could reasonably turn them down!  That would be freakin nuts!  They are beautiful and I love them!  So now, thanks to The Grandma, I get to add yellow to my collection!  Thanks Grandma!  I love the way these colors go together and it ties in with all the yellow in other rooms of my house.  Do you guys limit yourself to a color scheme or particular pattern?  If you had to pick a favorite, which would it be? (Ooooh, I'm asking the hard hitting questions now!)
As many of you know, I have a small booth that I sell vintage goodies out of.  As you can see, it is well stocked with a lovely little rainbow of Pyrex.  The reason I started doing this came purely from my inner hoarder.  I was thrifting for my colors a while ago and saw all of these other patterns.  Pink Gooseberry, Forest Fancies, Spring Blossom and Butterfly Gold all in one trip to the thrift!  I think about it now and smile.  It was thrilling!  I knew I couldn't collect them all, but I couldn't leave them there!  Thus the booth was born.  I could indulge the inner hoarder and not loose the farm.  It's a win win for me!  And I really enjoy this whole business.  Finding, cleaning, researching, and photographing my items is my idea of a good time.  And the blogging...oooooh how I LOVE the blogging!  I could get all sappy, but I will spare you!  
Things have been going pretty well at the Esty Shop too.  I have had a few sales and it hasn't even been open a week!  So exciting!  I'm going to head over to the Colorado Lady and then work on some listings.  Have a great weekend everyone!  

9 comments:

  1. You have a wonderful collection of Pyrex I totally get your obsession with Pyrex. I'm always looking for Pyrex also.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your collection is beautiful!!!!!!!!!! I collect all the turquoise pieces too, no matter what the pattern is.

    Feb. in the booth has started out CRAZY good!!!!!! YAY! I'm curious about your Etsy shop. Clicking that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pops of yellow in your collection. They stand out so well!! Glad to hear that etsy is working out for youl. I sell a lot on eBay but have yet to bite the etsy bullet.

    Happy Valentines Day!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Pink Pyrex but one of my favorite patterns is the green Verde! Your collection is awesome! Love the displays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a nice both filled with great vintage goodies. Pyrex is really getting popular again. Your collection is probably worth a lot of money.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the yellow is a nice addition to your colour scheme.
    Anything scroll is a weakness for me, but I don't limit myself to those. Usually, space and finance considerations come into play more than anything.
    Your booth looks nice - glad to read it's doing well!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never knew there was black pyrex! Wow! As they say, learn something new every day, huh?!

    My favorites are the aqua and the pink - wish I had room for some boo hoo!

    Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The color scheme and display of your collection is beautiful! Love what you've done for you antique store booth, too. How does pyrex sell in the booths were you live? They don't sell for the prices they deserve in-shop so I always sell mine online. :)

    Need to learn more about the beautiful, appealing pyrex...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I collect the aqua Butterprint pattern. It's great that you can still find so much vintage Pyrex. Your display is wonderful, I'll be putting this in my Pyrex Love Pinterest board for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your advice, tips and comments are sincerely appreciated!!! I need all the help I can get...