Sunday, November 11, 2012

Stocking up for Winter

This is my first winter as a thrifter and all this talk of it being a slow time for thrifting is making me dang nervous, so I am trying to fatten up my inventory beforehand.
The flea market got rain/snowed out, so I went to the thrifts.
This yellow Primary Colors mixing bowl has a little chip, but I think someone will still be happy to have it complete their set.  This same thrift shop had another one that barely had any yellow color left to it at all, yet it still had the same price as the one above!  Ugh...so frustrating.

This is my first Fire King purchase and I really like it.  The pattern is very mod to me, even kind of manly.  Does anyone know anything about it?  I will have to do some research before I put it in the booth.

This Pyrex Bake n' Round is going to look great with some Christmas decorations in it.  I sure as heck won't be baking any bread in it!  Has anyone ever used one of these gadgets?
These had been taunting me for a few days now, but they were wicked pricey, so I ignored them.  Well today was half off day, so I splurged a little!  They are so cool and in great shape.  All they needed was a little bubble bath and they are good as new.







I found this Butterprint Cinderella bowl and fuzzy headed little figurine at a shop that I normally don't do very well at so I was tickled pink!  This commuter cup made me laugh.  I might keep this one.  The lid requires one to push a button to dispense the delicious beverage and that will work perfectly for me because I always forget to close the stinking lid!




This owl plate is pretty cool.  It has a hanger on the back and says Rocky Mtn. Park.  This is the best looking Hall's Red Poppy bowl I have seen so far.  These things are generally well loved and have the scars to prove it.


This Thursday my antique mall is going to have extended hours for vendors, so I'm trying to get stuff together for that.  Sadly, I don't think I will be getting the super cool cabinets mentioned here.  I haven't gotten an email back from them and the ad is gone.  I'm pretty bummed, but I am going to keep looking.
I'm going to head over to Sumo's Sweet Stuff for Market Yourself Monday! I will also be joining the party at Apron Thrift Girl for Thrift Share Monday.  Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I love the orange dispensers you got! Orange is my favorite color and I definitely have never seen those before. I've never seen that Fire King pattern for that matter, you have some great finds.
    ~Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Fire King find - never seen that pattern before!

    Always nice to find a piece of Butterprint!

    - Sir Thrift-A-Lot
    http://www.sirthriftalot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your advice, tips and comments are sincerely appreciated!!! I need all the help I can get...