Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Weekly Booth Update

Day 42...still no neighbor.  That's a little bit of an exaggeration, but it totally feels like it has been that long!  They told me on Friday that he would be moving in this week sometime.   I know a lot of us have been slow, so I'm willing to attribute some of it to the season, but not all of it dangit!  Us little guys depend on our bigger neighbors!
All whining aside, I was able to spend some time there and take some of the advice from last weeks great and helpful comments (thanks guys!).
I opened up the suitcase to air things out a bit.  Suitcases don't sell well at my mall, so I'm going to use it for display.  Heidi was right when she said it's dark under the table, so I tired to put airy and reflective things under there.  I like it much better this way.  
I also made sure I didn't have any glass on the floor like Sir Thrift a Lot suggested and will soon be switching out my old tags.  I think the other thing that will hopefully help is starting to rotate items out more like Magpie Ethel suggested.  I also changed the quote on the chalkboard wall to say "why  fit in when you were born to stand out."  I really like this Dr. Seuss quote and think it probably fits a lot of us pretty well!  I wanted one about collecting or something like that, but had a heck of a time finding anything good and short.
Do you have a good quote idea for my chalkboard wall?  

3 comments:

  1. I'm surprised that suitcases don't sell well there! How funny! I can't keep them in the booth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful that you got good feedback. I get so many great ideas from my blog readers too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love seeing your booth! Have you ever shown that table full out?

    Hmmm... Let's see. There's a quote about surrounding yourself with things you love but I can't remember the wording exactly.

    I love to buy colored suitcases and travel cases. I use them to hold fabric and trims. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your advice, tips and comments are sincerely appreciated!!! I need all the help I can get...