Friday, April 5, 2013

New Computer and a New Old Skirt

This is my first post on my new computer, so if it is stranger than usual, it just means I am still trying to figure this thing out.  My other one was acting sassy and slow, and since I have a computer nerd husband, I didn't have to whine to much before I was able to get a new one.  : )  Thanks Husband!!!  It is an Ultrabook with Windows 8 and a sexy aluminum casing.  For the most part I really like it, but I'm having a hard time adjusting to a few things.  The touch pad is super touchy (bazinga!) and has all these new functions that I'm working on figuring out.  And the freaking space bar is making me nuts!  I feel like I have to slam it to make it work.  Other than that it is fabulous.  The screen is big and clear and I have 10 key.  I also really think I will learn to like Windows 8 because it has a lot of neat functions and capabilities.  Okay, that's enough nerding it up for now!
A few weeks ago I won a drawing over at this lovely blog called Veranellies for a super cute vintage skirt.  I'm just a slacker and pretty much hate hate hate pictures of myself, so I have been putting off this post.  But here it is. Can you tell how awkward I am even though you can't see my face?  Ridiculous.
My parents house.  My brother and I plan to build a mini golf course here...

In my defense it was wicked windy out!  Anyway, this came from an Etsy shop called Stranger Bird Vintage and I love it!  I love the pear on the pocket and the shape of this simple wrap skirt.  It is a bit too long for me, so I had to roll it a few times on my waist (hence the funny bunching of my shirt).  Maybe The Grandma can help me hem it when she gets back from snow birding in Arizona.

4 comments:

  1. So cute! Looks easy enough that maybe I can get Hanna to make me one:-)

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, Jenny from Stranger Bird Vintage here! Glad to see the skirt found a good home, and thanks for linking to the shop. I love connecting with other vintage and thrifting lovers :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love a good vintage skirt!!!!!!!!!!! I need to check out that Etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Husband!!! It is an Ultrabook with Windows 8 and a sexy aluminum casing. Best buy computers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your advice, tips and comments are sincerely appreciated!!! I need all the help I can get...