Monday, October 1, 2012

So Much Stuff...

After our trip to the flea market Saturday, The Mom and I went to a hole-in-the-wall antique shop that I had scoped out a little bit the day before.  She always knew the place as the vintage clothing store that has been there for forever, but didn't realize they also sold other stuff.  This is what we walked into...brace your self, this is nuts.

This is the entrance to the store!  It's like PeeWee's place house for adults!

Raggedy Ann and Andy were everywhere in this store.  It was cute at first, then it got weird...

This guy was really neat.  He was a holiday advertisement for some kind of booze.  His face is really human like.  Again, cute at first and then weird.   If he wasn't wicked expensive he would have come home with me.  I like weird and weird likes me!

Stuff as far as the eye could see!  It was overwhelmingly full.
Begin rant. Here is my little issue with stores like these.  Too much stuff!  We went in and spent the first 30 minutes just in the front of the store, in awe of all the different goodies.  We couldn't focus on any one thing because there were just so many things!  But I must admit, it was fun to dig around and see what we could find.  My other issue is that I'm pretty sure her roof is in desperate need of repair as evidenced from the serious water damage on the ceiling.  Plaster was falling down onto her items!  They had a plastic container precariously perched on a shelf that was full of the yuckiest water I've seen in a long time.  Anyway, I dislike it when retailers have really cool stuff but they choose to take poor care of it.  End rant.

In digging through all the mountains and crammed cases, The Mom found one thing that had to come home with me.  
Meet my new friends! They were made by Goebel (same company that produced Hummel figurines) and I love them! In the coming weeks I am going to start work on making a new banner for the blog and you can bet your sweet bippy they will be in it! The alien is thinking "right right, we're friends. Put your arm on my shoulder, that will convince them. Idiot humans..." The Mom made sure that he came home with me by paying to spring him out of that place. The Mom is the coolest! Thank you Mom!

Today is the big day! It is October 1 and that means I am the proud new renter of booth E99! Today is chalkboard paint day and tomorrow is let that cure day. After that it is move in the awesome day! Wish me luck guys, its going to be a busy week!

Now I'm going to head over to Sumo's Sweet Stuff for Market Yourself Monday! And as soon as it is available, I will be joining the party at Apron Thrift Girl for Thrift Share Monday.


9 comments:

  1. Cool finds...can't wait to see the banner! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little alien. Good luck in booth E99. What city are you in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow so much stuff in there I could stay the a day looking around ^_^

    Mary,MI

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute finds! I have a tea towel that has a very similar astronaut on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy mackeral the alien's face is hilarious!! Best of luck with the booth!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that astronaut/alien! My little boy's room is decorated in vintage space stuff and robots so I would have snapped that guy up in a hot minute!

    PS--I'm in the Denver area and my grandparents live in Alamosa. Hello from up North!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great figurine! And yes, that looks like an overwhelming place - but in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to agree about awesome thrifty stock in poorly kept environs - a big turn-off.

    I love the alien figurine - kitsch-tastic!

    Aniko via Apron Thrift Girl's linkie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd have enjoyed that shop for the first few minutes, too ... but then I'd probably start feeling the same as you. It's just sad to see stuff being ruined before your very eyes. (And if it were reasonably priced, it wouldn't be sitting there for years! I wonder sometimes if shops actually want to sell pieces or if they really just want them on their shelves forever.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your advice, tips and comments are sincerely appreciated!!! I need all the help I can get...