Thursday, October 18, 2012

Friends and Family Friday

My grandparents are home safe and sound from their adventure to Maine for the summer.  I went over to help them unload and so they could see Little Dude and The Grandma unloaded all this on me.  She spoils me so bad, but I'm not complaining.  ; )
In August I mentioned here how she was out and about looking for Pyrex for me.  She is wicked awesome at finding the good stuff!

So I am now the proud owner of these wonderful Pyrex pieces.  They will be staying in my collection, mwahahaha.  Not sure why an evil laugh is necessary, but it feels right. : )

Mixing bowls!  I freakin love these mixing bowls!  They are in such great shape too!  I collect the turquoise and black prints, so they will obviously fit in perfectly.  


This fridgie is in great shape.  I have a few others that don't look as good as this one, so I might sell them in the booth.  I also purchased some fridgies on ebay.  I couldn't help myself, the price was nuts!  They should be here in a few days!  









This Snowflake casserole goes well with my other ones.  Look at my cabinet now, compared to a few months ago when I wrote this post about it.  It is almost exploding with fabulousness!






















She also got me these lovely Fire King custard dishes.  I love this mod print!  I'm going to call them my pudding cups though because pudding is way easier to make!  

And last but certainly not least, she brought me a little gift from her cousin Hollis's wife Ellen. They live in a great little harbor town in downeast Maine where Hollis fishes for lobsters!  Seriously a hardcore dude.  He calls me a "tree hugga."  Just like that, I love it!  His lovely wife found out I collect Pyrex and went and dug this little gem out from her front porch area.  How cool is that?!  Thanks so much Ellen, I love it!!!  




So that is what I have for Friends and Family Friday.  I hope a few of you are able to join me this week!  You can link up below!

Oh, and I'm heading over to The Colorado Lady for Vintage Thingie Thursday.  Have a great weekend everyone!


8 comments:

  1. Those are great vintage Pyrex dishes. They are very popular again and pricey if you can find it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cabinet is looking so great!!

    I really want to take part - I'll think about it while I sleep!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try again this week! Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  3. I love your cabinet, great color combo. And yay for nice people in Maine ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you chose to go all turquoise and black! I dreamed a bit about doing all pink, black, and turquoise, but I get too excited over other colors, too, and just can't limit myself. Then I see pics like that...super cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I know, that is why I still buy them, but just sell them! Thanks for the nice words! I'm loving my cabinet too! : )

      Delete
  5. Ahh! What wonderful treats they brought you! Love it all.

    You know, I've found tons of Butterprint over the last year, but I have yet to come across one of those non-Cinderella mixing bowls! So it always amazes me to see other people's, because they seem rare to me :)

    Someday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This collection is a product of my own thrifting, as well as my family. I'm a lucky chick, because with out them, my collection wouldn't be so large. I rarely run into it at the thrifts. Thanks for coming by!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! Your advice, tips and comments are sincerely appreciated!!! I need all the help I can get...