1. I need to take some aspirin beforehand,, during and after. It was so loud and the auctioneers voice almost induced a brain bleed.
2. Bring a friend. I was by myself which I usually don't mind, but I got kind of lonely :(
3. Bring more snacks! So many more SNACKS! And something to crochet. That's totally what I should have had!
4. Maybe find a different auction house to go to. The auctioneers yelled at employees in front of everyone. It was pretty uncomfortable. Is that common?
5. I need a bigger booth! The awesome furniture was plentiful at this one. Holding in the bids was making me all twitchy.
Taking 1-4 into consideration, I will probably go to an auction again, just not for 9 hours. It was waaaay to long!
Check out the product of all my hard work. (Ha, mostly it was sitting on my rear end trying not to loose my mind.)
This was my first purchase of the day. I probably paid a bit more than I should have considering it is broken, but I was kind of confused and having a hard time following the auctioneer dude. I'm keeping it, so it doesn't matter too much. It's pretty cool!
Check out these adorable little penguins! I bid on an entire lot of shakers just to get these. Millie and Willie Penguin, so stinking CUTE! They will probably go to the Etsy shop after we enjoy them for a bit.
These are some of the other items from that lot. A few more single ones aren't pictured. So what the heck should I do with the singles? List them on Etsy? Donate them?
I'm not entirely sure why I bid on these milk glass pieces, but I like them. Most of it will probably go to the booth.
Look at what I got!!! The hostess I was pinning over in last weeks Wanted Wednesday! It's perfect and the only reason I stayed at the auction for so long. I know it sounds silly, but I never see these in decent shape. This one is pristine!
So to get all of that Pyrex, I had to also take this stuff. It was a big lot for a good price, but again, what the heck am I going to do with all of this?! Take it to the booth I suppose.
These are kind of yellowish. I'm fairly certain they are really early Pyrex, but not 100%. Does anyone know more about the clear Pyrex?
This Fire King mug is the first Jadeite I've ever found and I couldn't be more excited about it! Though it is causing a bit of a mental dilemma.
Should I keep it or sell it, and if I sell it, where should I put it? Etsy or the Booth? Do you have better luck with one over the other with Jadeite?
Tomorrow I'll show you some other pictures from the auction. And hopefully later this week I will have a glorious makeover to share with you! Until then, I'm joining the parties at Apron Thrift Girl, Sir Thrift A Lot, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Remnant, Mod Vintage Life, The Thrifty Groove and A Living Space. Have a great week everyone!