Sunday, August 26, 2012

Blush and Bashful

Oh Steel Magnolias, I'm so glad I finally had a good reason to quote you in my daily life!  Anyway yesterday at the Denver Modernism Show (check it!) I found something I had been trying to find for so very very long.  Nah, I'm being dramatic, its only been a few months!  Anyway, I scored three out of four Pink Gooseberry Cinderella bowls at a thrift store a while ago, and was hoping to get lucky and finish out the set there eventually.  I wasn't having much luck, so I was super excited when I saw an inexpensive partial set for sale at the show because now I have a sweet complete set of Pink Gooesberry bowls!  I won't be keeping it though because pink just isn't my color.  Hopefully it will make someone else very happy.
So in honor of completing that lovely set, I wanted to showcase some of our other pink items.

"My colors are blush and bashful. I have chosen two shades of pink, one is much deeper than the other."


On the left is a light pink and white ceramic snack server on a lazy susan that my Mom found.  Next to that is an old slap chop (I know that isn't right, but that is what I want to call it!) that  isn't as light in color as it looks.  Then the other one is one of our favorite finds.  Mom (she is really good at this thrifting thing if you haven't noticed) found it at The Salvation Army covered in a greasy yucky goo which I had to scrub so flippin hard it was absurd!  It was so super gross that we didn't realize it was pink!  It is a really great Kromex pink textured snack server with chunky glass containers.  I really really love this, and I honestly can't stand the color pink.  It bugs me so much it is irrational, but for some reason I can see myself using this server and feeling all fancy and girly, but that just isn't for me, sorry Mom...I know you tried!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Your advice, tips and comments are sincerely appreciated!!! I need all the help I can get...