Friday, August 24, 2012

Where Is The Love?!


If I could collect every pattern of Pyrex, I totally would.  I love the colors and the designs and the shapes, everything!  But alas, I only have so much space and my husband is only so patient with my craziness, so I limit my personal collection to black and turquoise.  But that doesn't mean that when I spot a piece of Pyrex at the thrift shop or a garage sale that I can resist the urge to buy it.  I know, I know, that is crazy hoarder business, but what I have decided to do is spread the love.  With a little help from the Mom, I have a case at Willowstone Antique Marketplace in Colorado Springs.  It is full of lovely Pyrex and other cool vintage pieces.  But here is the part that makes me sad and hurts my heart a little:  I haven't sold anything yet!!!  It has been there for three weeks and no one is digging the Pyrex.  I would never have thought those last 6 words would go together in my world, but there you have it.  I'm pretty sure our prices are more than fair.  The goal is not to become rich here.  We just want to be able to continue to buy pieces when we see them and make them available to people at a normal price.  I spoke to some vendors at another antique mart yesterday and they said that Willowstone just can't get enough customers through the doors.  I think I might move to this other market, but am not sure yet.

Look at that case!  It's glorious!  We even took the doors off to make sure customers didn't have to try to flag someone down to see an item.
I have to give it at least two months, so I guess I just have to be patient...

1 comment:

  1. What??? Oh that is just so wierd! What's the deal? I hope you have sold things by now! If I saw that case I think I would pass out I'd be so excited.
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your advice, tips and comments are sincerely appreciated!!! I need all the help I can get...