Friday, September 28, 2012

Friends and Family Friday

The Mom taught (and is currently teaching  me) me to be persistant, so here we go again.  Welcome to Friends and Family Friday!  Last week the lovely Erica at Golden Egg Vintage and super awesome Jill at A Little Bit of Everything joined in on the link party fun.  I was so excited to see them visit and to see their Friends and Family post.  Lets keep that going!  This is my original thought:

So roll with me on this...I'm considering on doing a weekly link up so that everyone could share vintage items that friends or family have given them or passed down to them. People really could share whatever vintage piece they want as long as it isn't an item purchased with their own money. I for example have a neighbor with an awesome collection of mid-century modern furniture that I would love to share with everyone. This will be a fun way for us to see different collections and also for us to see what people other than ourselves typically buy.
I'm willing to give it a go for a few weeks to see if anyone else is interested.


Pretty much every women in my family sews or has sewn, with the exception of a few (cough...Misty!).  My Grandma is really good at sewing clothes and has done that for years and years.  She would make her own dresses and make the kids' clothes, and then when she and my Grandpa got into square dancing, she would make those outfits too.  The Mom has made a few clothes but loathes attaching the zipper, so she generally sticks to home decor stuff.  She can whip up a mean roman blind wicked fast!  I like to dabble in both clothing and home decor, though I am better at home decor and small craft projects.  Back before the internet (such a time existed?!) contained everything ones little heart could possibly desire, they had great big books.  I still use books for tips and how to's, but I find I use them less and less now.  

I love the graphics of this book.  









Grandma gave me her  book because it is an awesome one stop shop for sewing tips, tricks and how to's.  "This is how they did it before the internet!" Grandma said.  "Amazing!!!" I exclaimed!  (I'm just goofing, I'm not that young, I even know what a card catalog is!)  



This is on the back of the book.  I love it!!!  "A wonderful world of choice of color and design is open to the women who sews."

















So that is what I have for Friends and Family Friday this week.  I hope a few of you are able to join in and show off your awesome vintage family/friend piece.

Have a great day everyone!  I'm going to go work on price tags and a banner for my new booth.  Painting begins this Monday!  Woohoo!!!
And I'm linking up with My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Your advice, tips and comments are sincerely appreciated!!! I need all the help I can get...