Thursday, May 16, 2013

2 Vintage Markets and A Mid Mod Mall - Part 2

Like I said before in Part 1, The Mom and I were in a bit of time crunch last Saturday, but we made it work.  After The Oh So Charming Cottage Sale in Littleton (a huge suburb of Denver) we made our way to The Horseshoe Craft and Flea Market that Heidi suggested we check out.  Thanks so much for the tip, it was awesome!  So much bigger than I expected it to be.  They had lots of vendors selling vintage wares and crafts, and crafts made with vintage wares.  It was a glorious thing to behold.

This is the view from the main entrance but it goes on further than what this shows.  It was free to get into to and thankfully the unpredictable Colorado weather behaved.  It was a beautiful day!
They had cute signs at the different entrances.  
Some of the vendors were really creative with their displays.  This one let you look at vintage merchandise in his Airstream.  It was so neat, I've never been in one before.
A couple different vendors used their antique VW Buses as displays.  This one was selling neat found object jewelry, beads and pendants.  You just don't see displays like this in Colorado Springs. It was so inviting and fun!
Check out this super cool desk that begged me to take it home.  It was wonderfully crafted and would have fit perfectly in the basement.  Sadly, my budget didn't allow for the price they deserved to get for it.
So now we have plans for July, October and December.  Sweet!
I wish I had taken more pictures of the different booths to share with you guys.  Next time I won't make the same mistake, and there will for sure be a next time because we had so much fun! All of the vendors were super nice, and had great stuff, plus it was all current.  So many of the summer craft shows down here sell 90's style craft stuff and this was not at all like that.  It was well curated and laid out with thought and care.  Way to go organizers!!!  Now if they just had the spectacular Bloody Mary's that were at Junk Bonanza...
Part 3: Mid Mod Mall



4 comments:

  1. Now imagine all of that, in 35-degree weather with a light mist falling. That was my experience in October when I was a vendor last year! LOL I seriously had some flashes of PTSD when I first walked in this time.

    Glad you had a fun time! I noticed there were a lot of new vendors this time and they switched around a lot of the old vendors who've been in the same spots for several shows now. It was nice to have things shaken up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like fun! I saw the Clean Getaway Soap sign - I know her! My friend Carly moved from Nashville to Denver several years ago and I have met her sister Lindsey (who owns Clean Getaway Soap) a few times. Small world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to the Horseshoe market since their first year, now you have me wanting to go back.

    Do you ever go to Paris Street Market in Littleton? It's pretty wonderful, and at their last show they had lots of Pyrex! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your advice, tips and comments are sincerely appreciated!!! I need all the help I can get...