Monday, May 20, 2013

Thrift Haul and An Unbelievable Garage Sale Find

So I'm sitting here in my backyard with the sun shining bright, a cold adult beverage next to me (I wrote this on Saturday afternoon :), looking into my sun room that is finally getting restocked with vintage goods, and thinking, "damn, I'm a lucky chick!"  The Husband gave me some "me time" again this weekend (he really is the best guy ever), and I enjoyed every second of it.   I went to the Flea Market to see what I could dig up  since the thrifts disappointed this week. I found some little things, and spent a few hours out in the sun and that's always fun in my book.
The Made in Japan kitty mail sorter and Boston pencil sharpener are going to be in the Etsy shop soon in the shop now.  Not sure what I'm going to do with the Glassbake fridgie but it was cheap and I liked the color.  I'm still working on a purpose for the brass "C" and the Colorado license plate key chain. Something awesomely crafty I hope. 
I hit a few thrift shops next and finally found some good freakin Pyrex!  Holy crap, I feel like it's been so long! (Hey, a week is a long time to go without a good Pyrex thrift fix!)
Opal Cinderella Bowl, Pink Gooseberry Casserole, and Forest Fancies Casserole
I stopped at a few yard sales this weekend and came out with bupkis until I drove past one in an older side of town, and decided to turn around (make a super illegal u-turn) for it.  Something must have spoken to me from afar because the first things I saw when pulled up were these Friendship casseroles with their lids!   You guys should have seen me trying to hide my excitement from this lady, it was ridiculous.  She gave them to me for an awesome price and I left grinning like a fool because I've NEVER EVER found good Pyrex at a yard sale!  It was a great end to the day!     
These casserole dishes are now my favorite yard sale find ever! 
 What is your all time favorite yard sale find?  
I'm joining the parties at Apron Thrift GirlSir Thrift A LotSumo's Sweet StuffRemnantThe Thrifty Groove and A Living Space. Have a great week everyone!


13 comments:

  1. I AM DYING! Lucky duck! And that pencil sharpener is tooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS a great yard sale find. I also think the little Glasbake fridgie is cute too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You so scored on the Friendship Pyrex!! Gorgeous shape and for a good price!! Your other finds are great also. Diann and I are so glad you joined us at TTF this week!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, the Glasbake fridgie is cute. I didn't know they made it. Great yard sale score - I love that style of Friendship (with the opal decorated lids). I don't frequent yard sales (they happen waaaaayyy to early), so no fav yard sale finds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the forest fancies print is just too gorgeous! but i can't start another collection... can i? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, that is an AMAZING score!!! I never find pyrex at yard sales either. I think the "word" has gotten out to the general public that Pyrex is collectable now, so people are either hoarding it or pricing it super high. So happy for you! (Love the glasbake piece, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a find - friendship at a yard sale!! Lucky!!

    Yard sales are not very great around here but in Saturday I found something I've been wanting for a long time - a vintage cake carrier - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice score on the Pyrex -- that's great! My favorite yard sale score was and still is my bicycle. I usually frequent the thrifts and flea markets more, but I may need to start getting up earlier for these yard sales!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think my favorite garage sale find was a set of mid century end tables, which I adore. Only cost me $25, and I loved finding them because it was so unexpected-and they were perfect for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally get what you mean! I live for finding Pyrex at garage sales! Usually, it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more reasonably priced plus it doesn't happen all that often so I get a definite high from it:-)

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness!! At a garage sale??? You must be living right! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the color of that fridgie!

    I found a Pyrex piece at a yard sale recently. It was a yellow snowflake divided piece. (I can never remember their actual names or numbers.) This was one of those "make an offer" sales which I generally hate. I had a hard time playing it cool but I shrugged my shoulders and curled my lip and asked, "A dollar?" and I got it! Ha-ha! Made me wish I had offered less! Oh, and I showed that piece on my blog, too if you want to see it.

    I don't know if I'd say that was my favorite purchase- I have so many trophies from my hunts that I lose count. (Yes, I'm a proud hunter.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Right here is the right website for anyone who would
    like to understand this topic. You know a whole lot its almost tough to argue with you (not that I actually will need to…HaHa).
    You definitely put a fresh spin on a subject that has been written about for years.
    Excellent stuff, just excellent!

    Take a look at my web blog :: gardening tips

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your advice, tips and comments are sincerely appreciated!!! I need all the help I can get...