Monday, May 13, 2013

Chemex Coffee Maker, Kitties and A Booth Update...Oh My!

Sorry, I was having a moment.  : )  Anyway...based on a few comments from recent posts here and here, it seems to me like everyone is kind of slowing down at the thrifts right now.  I imagine that has something to do with the increase in temperature since people are more willing to do a yard sale when it's warm and sunny and donate when it's cold and yucky.  I know those of you who are yard sale queens are going to hate me for this, but I miss the winter time!!!  The thrifts are killing me right now, and with The Little Dude it's really difficult for me to get up at the butt crack of dawn (that, frankly, kind of ruins it for me too) and track down the good sales like so many others can.  Though I found a few good things at the thrifts, I might have to look into other options more seriously.  I haven't found a piece of Butter Print in months!
These sweet little kitty salt and pepper shakers caught my eye mostly because of their outstanding condition and their cute gold bows.  They will go to my Etsy shop soon.  
I love it when my counters look like this!   These all came from one shop.  I'm keeping the yellow stripe for my personal collection, but the rest went to the booth.  Speaking of the booth.
April was great, fantastic, my very best month!  May on the other hand ...sucks!  I'm getting killed so far but I think I know why.  It's getting warm, people want to be outside!  Understandable!  And my neighbor to the left of me moved so now it's just a blank wall when you look into my little alcove from the main hall.  I could have taken her space, but the rent was 5 times what I'm paying now, and that is entirely too much pressure for me!  They said I'll get a neighbor soon...I freaking hope they move in quick, I'm dying out here!!!
Re-sellers, what is your worst month?  Do you slash prices or do you tough it out?
These are a few things that went to the booth before I had time to properly photograph them.  
This brass lamp is cool because the shades have little holes in them that sparkle when the light is on.
Mooooooo!!!  It's a zoo around here!  Ha!
The deer has been with me for what seems like forever but the cool Danish butter dish is new to me.  It is in crazy good shape with no scratches and no dents at all.  
This is my favorite find from this week.
I've never seen one of these in the thrifts before, and I only know what it is because at Chris and Julia at  A Living Space found a bunch a few months ago.  It's a Chemex Coffee Maker from the 60's or 70's.  You can tell it has some age to  it because the glass is thick, heavy and imperfect, plus the leather tie has a bit of cracking and the wood shows a little wear.  I'm not entirely sure how to use one of these, but I still think it's cool!  
I'm joining the parties at Apron Thrift GirlSir Thrift A LotSumo's Sweet StuffRemnantThe Thrifty Groove and A Living Space. Have a great week everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Nice finds...I love the striped Pyrex! August is my worst month, but May has been pretty bad so far. I usually just tough it out -- August is my absolute busiest month at work, too, so it actually works out well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am more of a thrift shopper then yard sales also. Hope you continue to find such great items for your booth. I love the little kitty S&P!! Thanks for joining Diann and I at TTF!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. February is my slowest month. Its funny how you can have something for months, then move it and it sells. I have taken things home then back to the shop more times then I care to remember. I need to work on my online Etsy shop to sell these items. Hope you get a cool retro shop next door, just not as cool as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Striped Pyrex. I die. LOVE!!!!!!!!!

    Our "worst month" is usually April, so sayeth the employees of my mall. But honestly, after two years, it's inconsistent. I can never predict!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your booth looks really cute! I only cleared $2.65 in April and May is looking even worse. All my "big" pieces are gone and I don't have anything to replace them with...I decided to run a 20% off sale. I have no idea what to expect, but I need to MOVE SOME STUFF. My booth is overflowing and I want to bring in new things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your booth is so cute! I think we have very smilar taste! :)

    As for the worst month for me - it's usually February. I tried to rough it out by listing more on ebay to try to make up for everything else. May isn't looking great so far either shop-wise for me, but I did a flea that has REALLY helped me out.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely booth! I hope things pick up for you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your booth looks great, I bet it is going to pick up soon! I only have one sale a year, and it doesn't change things much as far a number of sales...
    If you want to use the chemex, here is a good resource http://www.chemexcoffeemaker.com they are still being made and you can buy the filters.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your advice, tips and comments are sincerely appreciated!!! I need all the help I can get...