Friday, May 17, 2013

2 Vintage Markets and A Mid Mod Mall - The Finale

So after the Oh So Charming Cottage Sale and the Horseshoe Craft and Flea Market, we had one more place we wanted to hit while we were in Denver last Saturday.  The Mom saw a listing on Craigslist for The Mid Mod Mall that claimed to only sell mid century goods and large architectural pieces.  I'm big into mid century stuff so I was super excited to see what they had to offer.
It was in a sketchy part of Denver that we had never really spent much time in.  You know, fine during the day, probably not so much at night.  It's housed in a cool old railroad building near some old tracks and switches.  Very industrial looking.
It's so fuzzy and overpriced!  This expensive little chair outside foretold the prices inside.    
Fabulous paint by numbers, priced like gold!  
It didn't matter that this was priced sky high, I really wanted it!  But no more chairs!  I have a problem and  I'm trying to work on it!  : )
 
He had quite a few things in his shop that I have too, like this Blendo pitcher which I have in listed on Etsy.  He wanted $95 for the set. Dang...
And this Pink Kromex Server Set.  I have one for sale in the Etsy shop, minus the bowl underneath.  He was kind of a jerk when I told him I have one.  He didn't believe me.  Apparently he thought it was some super special ancient relic because he had it priced at $119!  Holy crap on a cracker!  Mine is soooooo nowhere near that price.
Huge royal blue Capiz shell chandelier!  Yes please!
This little Woolworths counter is from the twenties.  Wouldn't that make the coolest home bar?!
The tag on this says "60's Eames style Plyecraft walnut and vinyl lounge chair and ottoman.  Very rare! $1999"  Soooo is in not a real Eames chair?!  I didn't know a reproduction could fetch such a price.  
One of these tables was the only thing I could afford, but I still passed. I wanted to buy something from this awesome store, but I can't be buying just to buy.  That's hoarder madness.
He had a few big architectural items and every one of them was priced way way way out of my budget!  These were two of the coolest pieces.  
The Husband is a train guy so I think that is why I gravitated towards these awesome railroad signs.  

So that concludes our awesome Saturday vintage blitz.  We visited all three locations and got me home in time enough to get to a birthday party by 2:00 p.m and for the Mom to go pick out a new car for Mother's Day!  That last part was a surprise for her.  She got a super cute new style Convertible VW Bug!  She's very excited about it.
Anyway, would we go back to this store?  Well that's a tough one.  If I happen to be in the neighborhood, then for sure I will stop by to see what new items he has, but it probably won't be one that we go out of our way to get to again.  Things were priced  a little bit way out my league even if some of it was understandable because he had some great pieces.  Only some of it though.  ; )  But to be fair to the owner, it is a really neat store that is laid out well and fun to go through.
It is shaping up to be a very fun summer full of vintage shows!  Heather at Lark and Lola suggested another Littleton market that I've never been to, the Paris Street Market which has two locations and multiple dates all summer!  And there is another one called Old Glory Antiques Fair in June.  I love it when my calendar is full of fun stuff like this!   




6 comments:

  1. Ok, so I have not ever been a fan of paint by numbers only because I tend to gravitate more toward 40's-50's collectibles, not MCM. BUT I NEED THAT GERMAN SHEPHERD PBN!!!!! As you probably know, I have two of those gorgeous pups. I am so on the lookout now! Hopefully you find one someday at a reasonable price & I can buy it from you:-)

    Have a wonderful weekend. I'm off to Vegas!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a Living Social deal for Old Glory market today! $5 for a ticket for both days. Now, I will say that I haven't gone the last couple of years because it TOTALLY irks me that they expect you to spend money to get in and go and spend more money. Especially when they are the ONLY fair in the area that charges admission, and many of their vendors do the other shows too so it's not like they have anything all that special. And it's also way across town.

    There's another vintage/handmade market called Sweet William market that runs the last Saturday of the month from May-Sept. I sold there last September and it was really fun, I may try to do 1-2 of her shows this year. It's definitely smaller and doesn't have the same traffic as Horseshoe so it might not be worth the drive for you by itself, but if you're going to be in town anyway, it's worth stopping by.

    I haven't been to Paris Street Market in YEARS because it's way across town but I think it's pretty popular. They do a Christmas market and I'd LOVE to be a vendor at that one. I may try to apply for it this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a basement for that bar!!!!!!!!!! I love old pieces from shops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are a couple of vintage MCM stores in Houston that are just as outrageously priced as that one, but oh my goodness they have the most awesome stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really? You must not know the difference between Craigslist, Ebay, Etsy, "Blogs" and retail ( touch, feel, buy and bring, lease, overhead, etc.). A standard blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just came across your blog and I love it!! I also love Mid Mod. I do agree some of the prices are steep but their inventory is awesome and the customer service there is amazing. They will work with you if you ask ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your advice, tips and comments are sincerely appreciated!!! I need all the help I can get...