Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Wanted Wednesday

Apparently we have a resident in our shed that we didn't know about until a few days ago.  The Husband went to retrieve my patio rocking chairs and heard a bunch of noises.  He didn't actually see our new little tenant but we know he's made himself comfortable because he used the fabric from my rocking chairs as part of his nest.  Nice...
That is why I need a cool vintage metal (critter proof) glider or rocker like one of these:
This Etsy shop has a bunch of great restored options.  This yellow one is my favorite.  
This glider on eBay is in rough shape, but is much closer to what I have been looking for.  I might be willing to take on a restoration project like this. Might.  Would it be totally worth it or a waste of time?
One day I will find one at an estate sale or yard sale, but until then I might take Jamie's advice and get a reproduction.  This shop here has a ton of options!  I LOVE this crazy bright yellow single glider!  
Man, I love a good rocking chair!  If this one was a little lot less pricey, it and three more of it's friends would be mine.  It's so cool!  

Lowes has this one, and it's a reasonable price, hint hint hint Husband!  
Which one would you pick?

Today I'm heading over to Cottage Sweet Cottage for Rednesday!  

5 comments:

  1. All of them. I'd pick all of them.

    That top glider is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all of them! It would be hard to pick.
    Have you looked for them at auctions or flea markets. I see metal chairs all the time and gliders quite a bit. I hope that you find one.
    BTW, they are worth repainting!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a nice comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Melissa! Thanks for coming by! I think I'll take that double seater! My MIL had that type of lawn furniture when I first married into the family. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I left a comment but maybe blogger ate it! ;(

    I love the chairs~ all of them.

    See you next week at Rednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would buy the old one and restore it. Brian bought one for me at a sale last year and it was in rough shape. A little sanding, priming, and paint & now it's as pretty as can be!

    I'm not a big fan of the reproduced chairs only because they are too perfect (well duh, because they are new!). I like a little chippiness and denting. Makes them look more loved to me.

    Erica

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your advice, tips and comments are sincerely appreciated!!! I need all the help I can get...