Tuesday, May 14, 2013

2 Vintage Markets and A Mid Mod Mall - Part 1

The Mom and I had a lot planned for our little time window, but we thought ahead and rocked it!  We drove an hour or so up to Denver to hit our first destination, The Oh So Charming Cottage Sale
The Oh So Charming Cottage.  Look at that grass!!!
This was a bit smaller than I expected (the photo below is the whole thing), but it was still good.  
These chairs were the first things I saw when we walked up.  The price wasn't bad and they were in pretty good shape.   They are really close to what I'm looking for, but I think I'm going to listen to Jamie and Erica(check em out!) and hold out for the Clam-shell gilder I'm dreaming of or get a reproduction.   

This is a first for me. Vintage toilet paper...  The lady who had these also had 3 pink Gooseberry Cinderella Bowls for a crazy good price.  I snatched picked them up like a normal human for the Best Bud.  
The inside of the store was so nicely set up.  She had different colors in different rooms.  It was all very pretty and flowery and girly.
I love all these clocks displayed together like this.  I could totally collect vintage clocks.  

This is a great little store and market that we will try to hit again.  They have wonky hours and it is in a part of Denver we don't frequent very much but it was cool enough that we will go out of our way to see her new goodies and fabulous displays.  

Part 2:  Horseshoe Craft and Flea Market (which was freaking awesome!!!)


3 comments:

  1. Love the toilet paper, LOL! I have only seen it for sale once before & it wasn't that old, just from the 1980's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never would have been able to leave those chairs behind! Even if I was holding out for something else, I would have found some way to use them:-) Awesome self control!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've actually heard that old colored TP rolls like that are good sellers on Ebay! I love those pinky striped chairs.

    I haven't been to OSC for literally years--I had actually forgotten all about it until I saw your post! That area of town is really, really out of the way for me too so I never go over. But if you ever go up again to the cottage, that main street (Littleton Blvd?) that the cottage is on--if you follow it west a little bit further, it takes you into Historic Downtown Littleton, and there are some really cute shops there. One of my favorite vintage shops in town, The Pink Attic Cat, is over there. There are some cute places to have lunch too. It's a fun place to shop.

    Can't wait to hear what you thought about Horseshoe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your advice, tips and comments are sincerely appreciated!!! I need all the help I can get...